Saturday, March 12, 2011

So Sick of Winter


Poor Sean getting soaked waiting for the bus



Spring starts in just over a week, yet there is still no sign of it. Just lots and lots of snow! Have I ever mentioned I hate snow unless it's December? It is now March and this damn stuff is just not giving up! This has been the longest winter in my memory. I hope summer makes up for it.

BTW - My sleeping isn't getting better. I've looked up ways to get back on a normal sleep schedule but it's not just that anymore; I can't fall asleep although I lay in my bed for hours (literally, hours) and I can't stay asleep. I'm pretty sure I have insomnia so I've been looking up treatments for it (since I refuse to take any sort of medication because I'm usually a good sleeper) and I don't think I'll be able to fix it until I move back home next month (only one more month, can you believe it!? eek!).
I'm redoing my bedroom this summer and I plan to make it very calming colours (Tiffany blue and brown, or Tiffany blue with white and black) AND I will not do anything in my bedroom but sleep. No more crafts or surfing the internet for hours. My bedroom will only be used to sleeping, so my body will be trained and know that when I'm in my bedroom it's to sleep. I'll also be shutting off all electronics by the LATEST midnight. No more 4am iCarly episodes. I am determined to get on a normal sleep schedule. I hate sleeping till 2 and 3 in the afternoon. I want to be up before 11am everyday, including weekends.
At the moment I can't get more than 4 hours of sleep each night and it's really killing me. I'm exhausted, yet my body won't fall asleep or stay asleep. I'm going to try my hardest to sleep in tomorrow, since I tend to do my best sleeping between 6am and 4pm. I'm not even worried about my sleep schedule anymore while I'm still in London. Right now I'm just concentrating on getting any sleep at all. I'll get on a schedule when I move back home.

30 Days of Music
Day 24 - A song that you want to play at your funeral - I usually don't like to think about this sort of thing, but I guess if I were to die young I would want Life is Beautiful by Vega4, mostly because it's a little up beat but it still has a great message about life.

Day 25 - A song that makes you laugh - Not so much the song (though I do love it!), but the music video for Stuck Like Glue by Sugarland made me laugh.

No comments: