Wednesday, April 6, 2011

HEY! I'm vlogging here

Why am I most inspired to accomplish things at absurd hours?

If you know me well, which many really don't, you would know that everyday I watch the Shaytards. It's easily my favourite tv show at the moment, and it's not even a tv show (and I'm one of the fortunate to discover this family before the vlogs even started, probably because I've been addicted to youtube since 2006). If your life is unfortunate and you've never heard of the Shaytards, it's basically a family from Idaho that makes daily vlogs. I'm not really making it sound like much, but nonetheless, I suggest checking it out. It brings me daily happiness.

So as I watch the Shaytards videos and random tributes, I can't help but wish that my parents did a daily vlog like Shay. They have everything on film (or, well, it's digital but you get the idea). They have Sontards first visit from the Tooth Fairy, Rocktards first crawl and birth, and you can just see how the kids grow and find their own personality.

I made a montage video for my mom to Taylor Swift's song Never Grow Up, and as I was getting clips from all our old home video VHS tapes, I couldn't help but notice that there really wasn't much selection. There were several factors though.
The major one is that in today's day and age, video cameras are extremely compact and accessible, I have a great video camera on my cellphone! The camera used to capture my childhood was the size of a small child. You couldn't hold it for too long or your shoulder would start to cramp. And if you were like my grandmother, you would have to close your left eye just to see through the pinhole with your right.
Another reason, though, is that I would watch these videos over and over and over when I was younger and when I would take the VHS from the VCR I would leave it laying around. I remembering watching my birth, my first Christmas and several from when I was a little bit older that I can not find for the life of me. My brother went through this phase where he tried to transform our basement into his little mancave, and doing so, put all our childhood VHS (including my favourite, The Little Mermaid) into a rubber-made box and put them in our basement's cellar. Needless to say, many were ruined and lost during his stupid feng shui act.
I wish I knew where these old tapes were. They've got to be SOMEWHERE in our house or in our garage. It's a summer to-do for me to find the missing tapes.

When I'm older, I doubt I'll do a daily vlog (I'm not good with keeping up with something like that, I'm busy and forgetful), BUT I will film as much as I remember to. I also want a good camera to film with. It really makes me sad when parents don't take pictures of their children often, and when they do they use a cellphone. The quality is awful and cellphones pictures, at least with me, are often lost. They will regret it, I guarantee.

Anywayssssss, good thing I don't have my first class till 2pm tomorrow! I'm going to bed, 5am is starting to creep up on me. Good night!

No comments: